Submit your research? See requirements and mailing address below:
Manuscripts submitted to JSPTR MUST meet these basic requirements to be eligible for review:
- The manuscript is written in English
- The manuscript must be in Word format
- All figures and tables included in the manuscript must be in Excel format
- Primary author(s) must be students enrolled in an accredited physical therapy program OR a transitional physical therapy student OR a recent graduate
- Date and/or findings of the manuscript have not been previously published in another journal/publication
- The manuscript must be under exclusive review of JSPTR at time of submission
- The manuscript addresses scientific or clinical issues relevant to physical therapy
- The manuscript must be formatted according to AMA style guidelines (American Medical Association Manual of Style, 9th Edition)
- The manuscript must include an abstract as well as 5-10 keywords or short phrases that describe the research. (Think about what you would type into a search box to find your article). These keywords will help search databases to find your research.
**Submissions must meet all the essential requirements above or the manuscript will be returned to the author without review.**
Authors should mail a paper copy and an electronic copy of their manuscript to the JSPTR at the following address:
Stephen P. Bailey, PT, Ph.D.
Elon University, Associate Professor
Address: 2085 Campus Box, Elon, NC 27244
**When mailing a manuscript, please include a cover letter, all figures, tables, and appendices, as well as the required original signatures of all authors, and any signed multimedia release statements.**
Any questions about the process? Please feel free to Contact Us.